Three electrocuted in Nairobi after heavy downpour
Two adults and a child were electrocuted in various estates within Nairobi following heavy rains over the weekend.
A 4-year-old boy was electrocuted in Makongeni after he fell on a hanging electric cable while playing in the estate with his friends.
Adrian Carlos Omondi died in the late Monday afternoon incident that was reported by his father James Oyoo Owino.
“He was rushed to Kaloleni Health Centre where he was pronounced dead on arrival,” read a police report on the incident.
The second person was electrocuted at Ruaka on Sunday at around 4pm and died while undergoing treatment at the Kenyatta National Hospital.
Martin Mwithi reported that his employee Peter Kioko was electrocuted and died while receiving treatment.
In Eastleigh, a 44-year-old man touched a live wire while walking and was electrocuted.
Ibrahim Abdirahman was rushed to Madina Hospital but was pronounced dead on arrival.
The incident occurred on Monday at 8pm along Eastleigh’s 11th street and 2nd avenue.
In another incident, a 3 year-old boy fell into a pool and drowned in Muthaiga’s Balozi Estate.
Adrian Njeru Mwaniki was playing with other children within the estate when he accidentally fell in a pool and drowned.