Five must watch football matches this weekend
Football fans have plenty of action to look forward to this weekend. Here are some of the exciting fixtures that will keep the fans preoccupied this weekend.
1. Tottenham vs Arsenal (Saturday 3:30pm) – Harambee Stars captain Victor Wanyama was born to play in this kind of matches. If selected, he will be expected to stop the lethal attacking moves of the Gunners’ new signings Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Henrikh Mkhitaryan in the North London derby.
Already, Kenyans are busy debating about this fixture on social media.
Dear @VictorWanyama your goal was so special and I was so proud of you as my fellow Kenyan. However I have one request tafadhali; this Saturday; PLEASE go easy on Arsenal. I said PLEASE! ? #TheScoreKE
— Carol Radull (@CarolRadull) February 5, 2018
Betting.net however seems to think the game will end in a 1-1 draw.
2. Gor Mahia versus Vegetarinos (Saturday 3pm) – The Kenyan champions will face their Equatorial Guinea counterparts in the first leg of the preliminary round of the Caf Africa Champions League on Saturday in Machakos.
Gor Mahia have vastly improved over the past six months and there seems to be that feeling that this is the year the record Kenyan champions will carry over their domestic dominance onto the continental front.
Vegetarinos are unknowns. Which is a dangerous aspect. All indicators point to a home win in this one.
3. AFC Leopards vs FOSA Juniors (Sunday 3pm) – Kenya’s domestic cup winners play the Malagasy side in Kakamega on Sunday. The visitors have, after a week long spying mission, resorted to talking big and virtually writing off Robert Matano’s charges.
Leopards, however, have the ammunition to silence the little known team, which is barely five years old.
Bukhungu Stadium will be packed to the rafters for this one. Which should contribute significantly towards a win for the home team.
4. Seville vs Girona (Sunday 2pm) – It’s sixth versus ninth on the Spanish La Liga, and this one could go either way.
Seville have not been at their best this season but still have enough quality within their playing ranks to pick up the maximum points.
Girona, meanwhile, are punching above their weight in their first full season in the top flight.
Forward Stuani could be vital for the visitors here, and if need be, Kenyan Michael Olunga has shown he is capable of coming off the bench to score goals.
5. Kariobangi Sharks vs Vihiga United (Sunday 2pm) – Masoud Juma has since left the club, but Kariobangi Sharks are still looking strong, if the win on the opening day of the 2018 season is to be taken into account.
On the flip side, this is Vihiga’s second ever match in the top tier having only secured a historic promotion to the Kenya Premier League.
The opening day loss to Mathare United after taking the lead suggests Edward Manoah’s team will need time to settle in the top flight.
Not that the Sharks care that much, as they are favourites to win this one.