SNAPPY 7: Bryan Stevenes – If you have talent, you have it and if you don’t, then you don’t
Kenyan model Bryan Stevenes has graced major international fashions weeks, from Milan to New York and now he is back home to recruit, train and give guidance to aspiring model across Kenya.
In an exclusive interview with Nairobi News he talks about what it means to be a male model and his vision. Here are the excerpts:
1. Tell briefly who you are? – I like to say I am that guy. I tell everyone Bryan Stevenes is that guy who tells you that your talent can pay. I am all over the place.
2. Why did you choose to be a model? – Modeling is a career like any other. If someone takes it seriously it can pay well, look at super models around the world, they pay their bills because of modeling. For me it is why modeling but yes to modeling.
3. What has been your biggest stage so far? – I like to say that my biggest stage was the first stage I stepped on when I started modeling. The first one is my highlight because that is the one that put me on the spotlight. For now I will have to go with Africa International Fashion Week.
4. Who is Bryan Stevenes at home? – I am more of a chill out guy. I like movies, fashion, reading and I’m also spontaneous.
5. What’s your style? – It is a little difficult for me to choose, because after I turned into a CEO I have to dress in a certain manner in order to create an image of command. For now my style would be casual and office.
6. You are an actor too, right? – Yes I am also an actor and I have done a few movies with some of the biggest stars in Africa. I loved acting on Pearls Of Africa which was shot here Kenya by a UK based film crew. The producer had to re-write the script to fit me in. The good thing about talent is you cannot fake it, if you have it you have it and if you don’t then you don’t.
7. What is next for you? – We are doing the biggest show in East and Central Africa and we will be bringing in a lot of big people so that is one of big projects that we are currently working on. Early next we will be having the biggest models search.