Quarreling lovebirds die in a fire after man sets house ablaze
A 30 year old woman died in a fire in the wee hours of Wednesday morning after a jilted lover set her house ablaze.
The man who had travelled from Kisii to Ololunga village in Narok South carried with him a jerry can of petrol which he poured around the house where the woman, an electoral commission employee, was sleeping with three children and a house help.
The man also died on arrival at the Narok Referral Hospital on Wednesday morning as he was receiving treatment.
The three children and the house help are fighting for their lives at the hospital where they were rushed for medical attention.
HIGH DEGREE BURNS
Neighbours who had earlier been awoken by a loud quarrel between the man and the woman rushed to break into the house to save the occupants after they saw heavy smoking coming from it. They had attempted to put off the 4 am fire using water and sand.
“The children suffered high degree burns all over their bodies, and were rushed to the hospital where doctors are struggling to save their lives,” Narok South police boss Phillip Kipkurui said.
The jilted lover was identified as Mr Evans Matwere and had travelled from Kisii to the woman’s house.
Villagers expressed fury over lack of disaster management interventions by the county government of Narok, citing lack of fire engines.