Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Police release photo of Pangani blast suspect

Inspector General David Kimaiyo on Sunday released a picture of a man he identified as 21-year-old Hussein Nur Mohamed and said he was being sought in connection with the Saturday attack.

He added that a suspect arrested on Sunday gave detectives information that led them to believe Mr Mohamed was involved.

The police chief further revealed that Mr Mohamed was arrested months ago and taken to court “over terrorism charges.”

“He was previously charged and released on bond, however he failed to appear in court and a warrant of arrest is in force. We are appealing to members of the public with any information concerning the suspect and others to report urgently to the nearest police station,” Mr Kimaiyo said.