Here are 6 ‘lucky’ people Mutahi Ngunyi follows on Twitter
Over the years, Mutahi Ngunyi has built a reputation for stoking emotions of hundreds of thousands of Kenyans on Twitter with his provocative opinion.
Unsurprisingly, the highly acclaimed political analyst, controversial writer and consultant doesn’t seem to care much about what the rest of the world thinks about him.
Ngunyi shot to prominence courtesy of his weekly column in the Sunday Nation a few years ago.
He is however best remembered for his infamous ‘Tyranny of Numbers’ theory that predicted victory for President Uhuru Kenyatta in the 2013 presidential election.
Ngunyi also made headlines by suggesting on his official Twitter handle that former Interior Minister Joseph Nkaissery was assassinated.
On his official Twitter handle @MutahiNgunyi, Ngunyi boasts an impressive 825,000 followers. In contrast, he only follows six privileged personalities on the same platform.
1. Uhuru Kenyatta @UKenyatta – President of the Republic of Kenya who won the 2013 election as predicted in Ngunyi’s ‘Tyranny of Numbers’ theory. In his posts and commentaries Ngunyi has repeatedly endorsed Mr Kenyatta’s bid for a second term in office.
2. Raila Odinga @RailaOdinga – By contrast, the Nasa Presidential candidate is often the subject of Ngunyi’s diatribe, especially on his political YouTube channel, The Fifth Estate.
3. William Samoei Ruto @WilliamsRuto – Deputy President of The Republic of Kenya.
4. Aden Duale @HonAdenDuale – Member of Parliament for Garissa Township and Leader of Majority in the National Assembly, Kenya.
5. Asha Mwilu @ashamwilu – Journalist-cum-documentary filmmaker who was the 2016 CNN African Journalist of the Year.
6. Siriliciously @SIRIliciously – Recognized as a Top 40 under 40 Female Entrepreneurs. Award winning Producer Extraordinaire. Founder CEO Al Is On Production Ltd, is how she describes herself on her Twitter handle.