Director of Criminal Investigations (DCI) George Kinoti says police are yet to receive the DNA test results from 32 suspects linked to the Moi Girls High School defilement saga.
Government chemist Ali Gakweli had sa id he would hand over the results of the tests to the DCI within 21 working days as per the pledge he made on June 4.
According to Mr Kinoti, the government had spent close to Sh5 million on the process.
He said it had been slowed down by the large number of samples.
However, contacted on Wednesday, Mr Gakweli said the lab had finished the testing process on Tuesday and handed over the results to the DCI.
“We have done our part and yesterday we handed over our findings to the DCI. I cannot comment on the findings as they are the best placed people to reveal that kind of information,” he told the Nation.