Nairobi Water to cut supply for two days this week
City residents will from Thursday experience water interruption for two days as the Nairobi Water Company repairs a faulty valve.
The water company shared a public notice on Tuesday stating that the Ng’ethu water treatment plant which supplies most parts of the city will be shut down for the repairs.
The entire Nairobi CBD will not receive water during the two days while some of the estates that will be affected include those in Eastlands, along Thika Road, Kangundo Road, Limuru Road and some along Mombasa Road.
The shutdown will be one on Thursday at 6am and water supply will resume on Friday at 6pm.
“The aim of the shutdown is to re-install the Gigiri Reservoir outlet valve which was under repair after failing and causing interruption of water supply to the city recently. This will be coupled with scheduled annual maintenance works at Ng’ethu Treatment Plant as well as on the transmission pipelines between Ng’ethu and Gigiri Reservoirs,” read the notice in part.
The company further listed all the areas that will not receive water during the shutdown as;
- The whole of the city centre, university of Nairobi main campus, Coca Cola factory
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, EPZ-Athi River
- Areas along Mombasa Road; south B, South C and the neighbourhoods
- The whole of industrial area
- Areas along Juja Road; Mlango Kubwa, whole of Mathare, Eastleigh Air Force Base, Huruma, Kariobangi, Pangani, Eastleigh
- Areas along Jogoo Road; Maringo, Buru Buru and the surrounding estates, Bahati
- Areas along outer-ring road; Baba Dogo, Dandora, Dandora KCC factory, Umoja, Donholm, Fedha, Tassia, Avenue Park, Nyayo Embakassi
- Areas along Kangundo Road; Ruai, Kayole, Komarock estate, Njiru
- Areas along Thika Road; Kenya Breweries, Kenyatta University, Kahawa Baracks, Kasarani, Mwiki, Kahawa Sukari, Garden Estate and Thome Estate
- Areas along Limuru Road; Parklands, Ngara, Aga Khan Hospital, University of Nairobi School of Law and City Park area, Gigiri, United Nation-Gigiri, Muthaiga.
- Karen, Mountain View, Naivasha Road, Kangemi, Satelite, Kawangware, Waithaka and the surrounding areas.