Mortuary attendant arrested for sodomising 18 school boys
Angry women on Thursday stormed the Central Police Station in Nakuru town baying for the blood of a man accused of sodomising at least 18 school boys.
The suspect, said to be a mortuary attendant, was arrested by police on Wednesday at his residence next to Nakuru County mortuary.
The man, identified as Mr Tom Gedemi, is said to have been tricking young boys attending Moi Primary and Lenana Primary schools, which neighbour his house where he committed the indecent act.
One parent claimed that her 12-year-old son who is a pupil at Lenana Primary School has been a victim.
She told Nation that the suspect uses pornographic content to lure the pupils whose ages range between nine and 16 years into his house.
The parent further claimed that the suspect has kept a mentally disturbed woman in his house whom he uses to sexually arouse the children before having his way with them.
“After showing the adult videos to the boys, he makes them have sex with a mad woman whom he has kept in his house on condition that they have sex with him in return,” said the parent.
Angry women held demonstrations in Nakuru town waving placards calling for the prosecution of the man. They then stormed the police station demanding to have the suspect released for lynching.
Another parent said the behaviour of her son who is in Form One at Moi Secondary school has been gradually changing for the past one year since he started interacting with the suspect.
According to the woman, the boy started disrespecting his parents and also often arriving home late from school.
“I have been wondering what had happened to our child before I learnt that he had been introduced into these shameful acts,” she said.
The women demanded that the police hastens the prosecution of the suspect or else they would take matters in their own hands.
Nakuru Divisional Police Commander Joshua Omukata who spoke to Nation confirmed that the suspect had been arrested.
CHARGED IN COURT
The OCPD said one concerned member of the public reported the suspect before police ambushed and arrested him in his house.
“We acted on a report from one parent that someone had been showing pornographic material to young children before we moved in and arrested the suspect,” said Mr Omukata.
He further confirmed that the 18 boys had been taken to Nakuru Level Five Hospital for medical examination and treatment.
According to the OCPD, the children who were found in the room revealed the names of others who had fallen victim to Mr Gedemi’s trap.
He condemned the act saying it was abnormal for a sane person to carry out the heinous act on innocent children.
He, however, urged the protesters to remain calm and allow the police conduct investigations before the suspect, who is currently in custody, is charged in court.