List of crime hotspots in Nairobi
The Nairobi Metropolitan Crime Observatory Report released by the Security Research and Information Centre has identified murder, carjacking and robbery as the common crimes in Nairobi and other metropolitan areas.
The data was collected from previous reports by various government agencies, media reports, interviews of informants and questionnaires distributed to a random sample of people living in Nairobi and metropolitan areas.
Some of the crime hotspots listed in the report are:
- Near Oilibya petrol station in the Mathare slums area: Mugging and murder crimes are common.
- Congo area, near Kawangware: Drug trafficking, rape and mugging are common in the area.
- Kware in Rongai, Kajiado: The place is common for mugging crimes.
- Noonkopir (Daraja, next to Saitoti Hospital) in Kitengela: Carjacking and robbery is common.
- Changombe slums in Kitengela: Drug trafficking and rape are common.
- Kiwanja ya punda (around Migoni House, just before flats area) in Kiserian: It is a hotspot for rape and murder crimes.
- Around Kiserian Primary School: There are many cases of carjackings and murder reported here.
- Kisaju road stretch in Isinya: Carjacking and rape crimes are common.
- Kichinjio area in Isinya: Murder and rape.
- Kiandutu area in Thika: Assaults, break-ins, arson and drug trafficking crimes.
- Mangu flyover in Thika: Common for robbery and mugging.
- Railway line area (junction of the Nairobi-Nakuru highway and the stretch to Kikuyu town): Common for rape, murder and carjacking.
- Across Patel bridge in Kikuyu: Murder crimes are frequent in this area.
- Kiandutu slums in Kikuyu: Robbery and rape.
- Mashimoni (Marimari) road in Kiambu: Common place for carjacking, robbery and mugging.
- Limuru Road stretch between the town and the Nakuru Highway: Common for carjacking and mugging.
- Kisumu Ndogo area in Athi River: Murder crimes and mugging.
- Kosovo in Athi River: High incidences of robbery and mugging.
- Behind Muli block in Mlolongo: Rape and mugging crimes common in the area.
- Madharau Street in Mlolongo: This area is common for rape and robbery.
- Near Silanga dam in Mlolongo: Murder and assault.
- Around Ngwata area in Mlolongo: Boda boda crime common in the area.
- Kona Mbaya in Ruai: Mugging and rape.
- Sewage area along Maji Mazuri Road, Ruai: Common for murder and rape.
- City Cotton, between Wilson Airport and South C: The area has high incidences of murder and mugging.