Guys, eight ways you are destroying your sperm everyday
A man’s sperm is an important part of who he is. What most men do not pay attention to is the many little things that they do daily that could be destroying their sperm.
Here is a look into some sperm killers many men do not know about.
1. Keeping your phone in your trouser pocket – In a town like Nairobi that is ridden with pick pockets, the front trouser pocket is a safe place to carry your phone. What you might not know is that this habit is bad for your sperm. Radiation that the phone emits when put in such close proximity to a man’s privates will kill his sperm.
2. Wearing briefs – Different men have different underwear choices according to their personalities. Men who opt for tight briefs though could be hurting their manhood with this choice.
Testicles are positioned outside the body so that they can maintain low temperatures ideal for sperm production. When a man wears briefs, the testicles stay tightly pressed against a warm body. This warmth impedes sperm production.
3. Your laptop – If you are in the habit of working or watching movies with your laptop placed on your thighs, you are unknowingly killing your sperm. The heat that a laptop computer gives off destroys sperm. In addition, a computer’s Wi-Fi connectivity can hinder male fertility. The radiation it causes can destroy sperms.
4. Testosterone supplements- There are a lot of Kenyan men popping these supplements usually to build muscle or boost their manhood or even to become better athletes.
The bad news is that too much of these supplements can actually destroy your manhood. Too much testosterone can shut down the pituitary gland which controls sperm production.
5. Alcohol and Weed – Nairobi with its active nightlife hosts many smokers and drinkers. These are bad habits for a man who wants to reproduce. Alcohol usually slows down sperms production not to mention that too much of it interferes with sexual function. Cigarette smoking on the other hand destroys the sperm DNA.
6. Saunas and hot baths – A hot bath is one of the most perfect ways that a man can end a long day. The problem with this choice of unwinding is the high temperatures involved. When testicles are exposed to high temperatures, it kills sperms and also interferes with sperm production.
7. Watching television – The problem here isn’t with the television, it is with the fact that a man who constantly watches television is more likely than not to have very little physical exercise. Men who move around more have a higher sperm count.
8. Stress – A man who is keen on siring babies shouldn’t take life too seriously. A lot of mental and emotional stress usually impedes bodily functions. This includes sperm production. This means that a man will produce less sperm or that he will produce sperm that can’t swim.