11 weird ways used by African pastors to ‘heal’ their followers – VIDEOS
African pastors have recently hit the headlines for all the wrong reasons for their weird methods in ministering to their followers.
The antics they have used in ‘curing’ medical conditions and exorcising demons have been incrudulous and comical.
South African and West African pastors lead the pack in the tricks, from spraying congregants with inecticides to touching derrieres of naked women seeking miracle husbands.
Here is a list of some of the incidents;
1. Pastor Lazarus Mouka of the Lords Chosen Charismatic Revival Ministries in Nigeria sold reflector jackets to his church members saying they had spiritual powers of being bullet proof and offer devine protection.
2. Adekunle Kayode of Jesus Is the Way Evangelistic Ministry in Olorunsogo area, Abeokuta, in Nigeria, is said to have inserted his finger into a female member’s genital in a bid to check if she was still a virgin. He was later arrested for the stunt.
3. Paseka Motsoeneng of Incredible Happenings Ministries in South Africa claimed that he ascended to heaven over Easter and took a selfie with God. He was later caught on tape praying for a congregant’s underwear for healing.
4. Pastor Lesego Daniel of Rabboni Ministries based in Pretoria, South Africa instructed members of his congregation to drink petrol, claiming that he had turned it into pineapple juice. He had earlier on commanded his flock to eat grass so as to be close to God.
5. Penuel Mnguni of End Times Disciples Ministries in South Africa hit the headlines for making his congregants eat snakes in the name of chocolate. He later pulled off another of driving his car on top of sleeping congregants to demonstrate power.
6. Bishop Daniel Obinim of International Godsway Ministries in Ghana was captured on tape stepping on the abdomen of a woman, who was reportedly pregnant, to exorcise evil spirits. He was also videotaped grabbing men’s genitals to heal them of erectile dysfunction.
7. Lethebo Rabalago of Mount Zion General Assembly Limpopo South Africa recently used the Doom insecticide to spray directly into the eyes and faces of his congregants in the name of healing. In august he had crushed a woman with a giant speaker while trying to demonstrate God’s protection.
8. Alfred Ndlovu, a South African pastor, tried to pull of the 40 days of fasting stunt in August and he ended up dead. He was attempting the fast as captured in the Bible and he dropped dead on his 30th day of dry fasting.
9. Alec Ndiwane, a Zion church leader, was in March mauled by a lion when he tried to pull off a Daniel stunt by running towards the wild animals while on safari with other church members. He wanted to show how God would save him if he approached a group of Lions but ended up with a mauled behind.
10. Thamsanqa Sambulo, a South African pastor had in March decided to pour boiled water on himself and a member of his congregation in a show of power and might.
11. Victor Kanyari of Salvation Healing Ministries in Kenya was also exposed by KTN in 2014 after using potassium permanganate to wash the feet of his members to claim that blood was oozing from their feet as a sign of healing.