What we know (and don’t) on Kiambu Jubilee nominations
Jubilee Party primaries in Kiambu were held on Tuesday, and by evening early results showed that Kabete MP Ferdinand Waititu was leading.
The incumbent governor William Kabogo conceded in the night citing “obvious” irregularities and powerful people in the party who wanted him out.
Since then, little is known on the race.
WHAT WE KNOW
1. That Waititu is still leading in the gubernatorial race with 10 polling stations and one constituency having relayed their final tallies.
2. In St Georges Primary in Ruiru, Waititu led with 870 votes with Kabogo bagging 469 votes. At Igegania Primary School, Waititu had 1,293 votes and Kabogo at 202.
3. In Athena primary, Waititu had 665 while Kabogo got 135. At Buchana Primary School, Waititu got 303 against Kabogo’s 33. In Kiambu community hall Waititu bagged 1,102 votes while Kabogo got 189 votes.
4. In Wanjige polling station, Waititu had 1,428 votes, Kabogo 126. In the same station, Senator Wamatangi had 986, Karungo Thang’wa 465 and Nyanja at 34 votes. In the woman representative’s contest, Peninah Gathoni had 1,350 votes and Anna Nyokabi at 62 votes.
5. The final tally in Thika Constituency had Waititu leading with 27,739 votes while Kabogo had 6,070 votes.
6. In the senatorial race, Karungo Thang’wa had 13,773 votes in the entire constituency, Kimani Wamatangi had 12,271 votes and Stephen Ndichu 3,364 votes.
7. In the Woman representative’s race, Thika Constituency’s final tally showed Peninah Gathoni with 28,720 votes, Annah Nyokabi at 2,263, June Koinange at 1,703 and Gladys Chania at 1,357.
8. For the constituency, Alice Ng’ang’a clinched the party’s ticket with 15,880 votes while Patrick Wainaina came second with 14,731 votes and Morris Mburu at 3,127 votes.
9. In Ruiru constituency, Isaac Mwaura conceded defeat to Simon King’ara as tallying went on.
10. In Gatundu North constituency, Wanjiku Kibe, an in-law of Kabogo clinched the ticket with 10,169 beating the incumbent Kigo Njenga who had 9,589 votes while Clement Waibara got 9,324 votes.
11. Kikuyu MP Kimani Ichung’wa, Gatundu South’s Moses Kuria, Kiambu Town’s Jude Njomo, Francis Waititu (Juja) and Paul Koinange (Kiambu) have trounced their rivals in the unofficial results.
12. Philanthropist John Wamachuru has won the Kabete seat while in Limuru, incumbent John Kiragu has lost to his predecessor Peter Mwathi who he ousted in 2013 and Ruiru MP Esther Gathogo has lost to businessman Ng’an’ga King’ara.
WHAT WE DON’T KNOW
1. The Gatundu North Constituency which has announced the MP results is yet to release the results for the gubernatorial, senatorial and woman representative race.
2. Githunguri, Kiambaa, Kabete, Limuru, Lari, Gatundu South, Ruiru, Kikuyu, Juja and Kiambu are yet to release the final official tally for the constituencies on the governor, senatorial, woman rep and MP posts.