Mother’s Day: What top Kenyan personalities told their mums
It’s Mother’s Day today and some renowned Kenyan personalities shared with Nairobi News special messages to their mothers on this day.
Others took to social media to pay tribute to the women in their lives, past and present. Here are a selected Mothers’ Day wishes from some of these personalities:
1. Mark Masai (NTV news anchor) to his foster mother Mary Wright – “You are embodiment of an angel for giving me a life and making me to be who I am today. I love you Mom.”
2. Pascal Tokodi (musician) to my dear Mom – “Thank you for your guidance and the faith you’ve shown, for giving us, your family, a safe place where we have grown. For showing us how to love. Mom, for as long as I can remember, you’ve always been by our side, keeping the family stable. Thank you Mom, you’re everything a mother should be. Happy Mother’s Day.”
3. Olympia Owira (producer and actress) to her mother Assumpta Rigii – “Right from birth you natured me, prayed for me, took care of me, guided me and supported me when I didn’t believe in myself. Now that I’m all grown up, I realize how lucky am I to have inherited your looks, brains, some sense of humor. You made me what I am today, and for that I will always be grateful. Mom, you are irreplaceable and I love you so so much. Happy Mother’s Day Mom.
4. Jeff Koinange (TV and Radio host) – To my mother, all mothers and future mothers, Happy Mother’s Day and God Bless you all.
5. Nairobi Governor Dr Evans Kidero – Mothers are the sweetest gift from God to all of us. There is no way we can ever really thank our mother for all she does for us; nevertheless we must make it a habit to keep reminding ourselves of the various sacrifices she made while raising us. I love you mum and I appreciate you. To all the mothers out there; a mother’s love is timeless happy Mother’s Day.
6. Nairobi Senator Mike Sonko – As we agreed some time ago, don’t wish your mother happy Mother’s Day on FB, do it if and only if she has an active FB account. Tag her, Most won’t try to call or text her because they will be asked to send pesa za kulimisha shamba, za dawa ya ngombe, utaenda KUMUONA lini. Leo decide not to eat lunch and Save that 50Bob umtumie airtime and if wewe ni orphan Kama Mimi don’t worry treat your wife/wives. Happy Mother’s Day and especially the lonely single Mum.