Nairobi News

News

Judge lifts arrest warrant on Dola

A warrant of arrest issued against a journalist accused of killing his wife was on Thursday lifted.

Ms Lady Justice Roseline Korir lifted the warrant against Mr Moses Dola Otieno which had been issued on January 6 after he  failed to attend court.

In her ruling on Thurdsya, the Judge also directed Mr Otieno to be reporting to the Deputy Registrar of the High Court every month.

Through lawyer Cliff Ombeta, the journalist, while seeking to have the warrant lifted, said it was not intentional for him not to attend court.

“I urge the court to lift the warrant, the accused has been attending court and has been reporting to police in Kisumu,” said Mr Ombeta.

Prosecution counsel Catherine Mwaniki said the accused did not attend court on December 10 last year and January 6 this year and had not given any explanation of his whereabouts.

Ms Mwaniki said the accused flouted bail terms as he reported to Busia police instead of Kisumu.

“I pray that the accused remain in custody to enable us to authentic a stamp from Busia police,” said Ms Mwaniki.

Mr Otieno has denied killing former NTV broadcaster Sarah Wambui Kabiru at their Umoja Estate home in Nairobi.

Earlier the journalist had been arrested and taken to court cells before his file could be brought to court.

The case has now been fixed for hearing on February 10 and 11.