Hundreds left homeless after fire guts houses in Mathare – PHOTOS
Hundreds of Mathare residents were left homeless after a huge fire destroyed several houses on Saturday afternoon.
The fire broke out and spread quickly near the BH stage on Juja road.
Residents and shop owners tried to salvage what they could before the Nairobi County fire engines arrived to put out the fire.
The fire engines had a difficult time accessing the fire because of the narrow roads in the area.
No injuries have been reported so far.