Guys, eight types of exercises that will boost your sex life
Sometimes, an excellent sex life is as easy as hitting the gym. Other than helping you lose weight and improving your self-image and confidence levels, exercising is also good for your sex life.
Try these eight exercises and your partner will thank you for it.
1. Kegels – I know, kegels are what every Nairobi woman is fussing over right now. You might not know that kegels are good for men too. They work by strengthening the muscles that control the flow of urine.
These muscles are the very ones that control erectile rigidity. Exercising the pelvic floor muscles thus gives a man a stronger and longer erection.
Kegels are done by tightening the pelvic muscles periodically like one does when they are holding urine.
2. Weight lifting – Strength training is popular with the male folk for its muscle toning abilities. What most do not know is that it could directly impact on a man’s sex life. Weight lifting increases the production of the hormone testosterone which is responsible for arousal in a man’s body.
3. Upper body strength – Intimacy almost always requires a man to support his weight with his arms. Doing upper body strengthening exercises like push-ups allow a man to have strong arms and chest for sexual experiences that are satisfactory for both him and his woman.
4. Squats – The Nairobi woman has taken to the squats exercise too. While these benefit the woman by giving her a firmer behind, they can effectively improve a man’s sexual performance.
Squats increase the blood flow to the pelvic region thus giving him a stronger erection. To squat, hold dumb bells in each hand and then bend your hips and your knees as much as you can while keeping your back straight.
5. Cardio – Cardiovascular exercises like running, brisk walking or skipping rope should also be part of your fitness routine. These will give a man the endurance to stay in particular positions without getting exhausted.
6. Upward facing dog – This form of exercises also boosts a man’s sex life by increasing blood flow to his pelvic region. The upward facing dog is done by lying on your belly, then pressing down your hands to lift your torso up.
7. Yoga – Taking up Yoga may be just what you need to have a fulfilling sex life. Yoga helps a man’s sex life by making his body more flexible. Improved flexibility allows a man to get into creative positions during sex. You can maximize your yoga experience by opting for those poses which also strengthen the pelvic muscles.
8. Sleep – Yes, after some time spent in the gym, you will need to sleep. The body produces testosterone the hormone that is responsible for a man’s sex drive when he sleeps. Make sure you get at least 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night. Keeping away artificial lights and making sure that the bedroom is as dark as possible will help with this.