Groove Awards nomination process now open for the fans
Nominations are now open for the 13th edition of the Groove Awards through the Groove website, a process that will for the first time ever involve the public.
Both the nomination process and award categories have been refreshed to give greater ownership and participation to gospel music fans across the country.
There are 18 different categories with nominees who attract most nominations automatically booking slots for final voting from the public and the panel of judges.
Categories in this year’s edition have been revamped taking into consideration industry research and insights and to better reflect the changing landscape of the local gospel music industry as well as take cognizance of global music trends.
This year, awards will also be handed out in the areas of artistry, song-writing, dance, production, and media.
To directly nominate their favorite songs and artistes, fans have to log on to www.grooveawards.co.ke between the May 24 to May 28, 2018.
A full list of the nominees will be made public on June 6, during the Groove Nomination Night.
Voting will then be open to the public until midnight on June 23, followed by the red carpet gala night the following day.
The Categories Full List:
1. Artist of the Year
2. Teens Choice Song of the Year
3. Breakthrough Artiste of the Year
4. Hip-Hop Song of the Year
5. Reggae/Ragga Song of the Year
6. Praise & Worship Song of the Year
7. Collabo of the Year
8. Music Video of the Year
9. Dance Style/Song
10. Media Personality
11. HypeMan/MC of the Year
12. Breakthrough DJ/VJ of the Year
13. Eastern Counties Song of the Year
14. Western Counties Song of the Year
15. Rift Counties Song of the Year
16. Nyanza Counties Song of the Year
17. Central Counties Song of the Year
18. Coastal Counties Song of the Year