Nairobi News

HashtagNews

Fire razes down popular entertainment spot in Pipeline

Property of unknown value went up in smoke after an early Thursday morning fire razed down at Astonvilla Club in Pipeline.

Area residents said that they suspect the fire was caused by a faulty power line.

Evans Obiri, an eye witness, told Nairobi News, that he was heading to work when he saw a huge smoke bellowing from the club.

Curious members of the public watch as fire burns down Astonvilla Club in Pipeline. PHOTO | COURTESY
Curious members of the public watch as fire burns down Astonvilla Club in Pipeline. PHOTO | COURTESY

FIRE FIGHTERS

“I rushed there only to find it on fire, the drizzles have also made it hard for the rescuers to fight the fire and rescue property,” he said.

Jane Kihara, another witness, lamented the delayed arrival at the scene by Nairobi county fire fighters.

By mid-morning rescuers were still battling to contain the raging inferno.