Eight local foods guaranteed to boost a man’s libido
Sex is important to a man – all men. A man’s confidence can thus be said to be as strong as his libido. Artificial sexual health supplements will not only dent your wallet, they also may not provide the effects that they promise. Here are proven and tested foods that will give you that much needed lift:
1. Horny goat weed – As the name suggests, this herb is guaranteed to give a jolt to your libido. The good news is that the dried leaves can be found on the shelves of our local supermarkets. It contains icariin and polysaccharide components which work together to increase testosterone levels and sperm production thus improving your sexual desire and performance.
2. Brown rice – A lot of Kenyan men will not eat rice for dinner. It is not food, it’s not heavy enough, they say. Turns out that rice is exactly what a man with a waning libido needs. Brown rice is an excellent source of magnesium which is vital for muscle contraction; muscle contraction is key for a man’s sexual performance.
3. Honey – If you are in need of a little lifter, try having natural honey every day for a month and your wife will thank you for it. Honey triggers neurotransmitters in your body which boost testosterone production which results in arousal. Honey will also give you that slow, constant supply of energy that every man needs.
4. Eggplant – While most of the libido boosting foods are centered on the body, the eggplant works on the brain to eliminate frigidity and increase sexual desire. Eggplant stimulates the sexual desire centers in the brain. It literally puts you in the mood. Have a hot meal of eggplant and let your imagination do the rest.
5. Pomegranate – A recent scientific study by the University of California in the US which involved men experiencing impotence as study subjects found that more than half of those who consumed pomegranate experienced remarkable results. Drinking a glass of pomegranate juice at least once daily for two weeks will eliminate any need for you to consume artificial performance enhancing substances.
6. Garlic – Garlic is great for a man’s libido but only if it is chopped up before eating. Garlic when chopped produces Allicin through an enzyme reaction. Allicin will dilate the blood vessels thus increase blood flow to a man’s sexual organs. This increases the sensation in his genitals thus enhancing his sexual performance.
7. Almonds – Almonds could easily be the world’s greatest aphrodisiac for men. They contains proteins and high amounts of Vitamin B2 and Vitamin E. Almonds awaken a man’s brain activity and stir his sexual desire. They have the ability to charge up your sexual energy in as little as four hours.
8. A glass of cocoa – Cocoa contains Methylaxanthines which are excellent in boosting the skin’s sensitivity to touch. Touch is an essential part of lovemaking. If you down a glass of cocoa, you will be able to experience every single touch. Cocoa also contains properties that will give you a natural high.