Boniface Mwangi records statement over death threats
Human rights activist Boniface Mwangi on Friday morning recorded a statement at Central Police Station after he revealed that he had received death threats.
On Tuesday through his Facebook page, Mr Mwangi, who leads Team Courage, poured his heart out claiming that elements within Government are out to harm him and his family, his wife and three children.
“At 10am today (Friday) I recorded a statement at the Central Police Station, Nairobi. I gave the police information about the death threats that me and my family have been receiving,” said Mr Mwangi.
The activists had said that he and his family were forced into a brief exile in the US late last year after death threats skyrocketed after he was sued by Deputy President William Ruto.
He also alleges that someone had hired goons to stab him during one of his street protests and police have not acted on his report despite providing them with all information including pictures.
The lengthy post on his Facebook page called on Kenyans to support him while he was still alive.
He wrote, “When the mafia fights back, and try to single us out, let the echoes of history remind us of the young people who fought for our freedom and defeated the colonialists. They overcame colonial firepower and liberated Kenya. We too shall overcome the corrupt and reclaim back Kenya.”