Barca, Arsenal to clash in Champions League
European champions Barcelona must beat English Premier League leaders Arsenal in the Uefa Champions League last 16 after they were thrown against each other in Monday’s draw.
French heavyweights Paris Saint-Germain were drawn against 2012 winners Chelsea for the third straight season, while Bayern Munich will meet last year’s finalists Juventus.
Record 10-time winners Real Madrid will face Roma while Manchester City will meet Ukrainians Dynamo Kiev for a place in the quarter-finals.
The draw was carried out at UEFA headquarters in Nyon. The games will be between February 16 and March 16.
Complete draw for the Uefa Champions League last 16:
1. Gent (BEL) v VfL Wolfsburg (GER)
2. AS Roma (ITA) v Real Madrid (ESP)
3. Paris Saint-Germain (FRA) v Chelsea (ENG)
4. Arsenal (ENG) v Barcelona (ESP)
5. Juventus (ITA) v Bayern Munich (GER)
6. PSV Eindhoven (NED) v Atletico Madrid (ESP)
7. Benfica (POR) v Zenit St Petersburg (RUS)
8. Dynamo Kiev (UKR) v Manchester City (ENG)