Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

Ann Ngugi’s accuser goes into hiding

A Nigerian businessman who sued former KTN and K24news anchor Ann Ngugi and her Congolese husband has gone into hiding after police questioned the legitimacy of his trade.

And now the prosecution said the case against her and Mr Hypolite Nyogbia could collapse.

Mr Fabian Chibiebule accuses Ms Ngugi, Mr Nyogbia and a business aide Mr Kamimbaya Soumaili of defrauding him and his Korean business associates of Sh6.4 million between September 20 and October 24 last year. 

They allegedly pretended they could sell them 50 kilogrammes of gold.

Investigators said the Nigerian had refused to record a statement with them and efforts to trace him have proved futile.

They said they had summoned him to appear before them for questioning over the nature of his business after the huge amount of money involved raised red flags.

Ms Ngugi and Mr Soumaili denied the charges and are out on a cash bails of Sh1 million each.