7 types of Nairobi men to avoid
There are no good men left, right? Well…wrong. There are still some good men left. It however may not seem so because the dating scene is littered with a variety of appalling types of men; men every woman should totally steer clear of.
Here’s a look into some of them:
1. Romeo – This is the man who will declare love for you at the first meeting. The man who will start talking about plans of a future with you almost immediately. Who will introduce you as his girlfriend before he even knows your second name.
This man may seem like a good catch especially for a woman who is keen to settle down. More often than, not however, he will turn out to be a love con. The city is riddled with con men faking love to wiggle their way into women’s pockets.
2. Richie – Every woman loves to be pampered. No woman will mind having a man who has a little extra to spend on her. There are two types of rich men. The one who has worked his way up and is content with who he is and the rich man who is full of himself and believes his money can buy him your love.
You should steer clear of him because it is impossible to have a healthy relationship with this man. He sees you as an acquisition, like one of the things that he owns, never as a companion.
3. Cheapskate – There isn’t much glory in gold digging. There is also no glory in dating a cheapskate. Luckily, you can sniff this one from kilometers away. He is the guy who asks for receipts from every restaurant that he dines you so that he can have the company refund his money.
He is the one who will not make any large purchases unless he gets something on offer. The problem with dating him is that in addition to the fact that he will not pamper you, this man is likely to have control issues in a relationship.
4. The football guy – There is nothing wrong with a man who loves sports. It’s a guy thing, they feed of the adrenaline. There is however something terribly wrong with a man who is obsessed with a sport. That man who will not miss a football match for anything in the world.
The problem with him is that even when you get together with him, nothing changes. Should you start a family with him, Arsenal will always take precedence over his family responsibilities.
5. The gadget man – You have seen him. This is the Nairobi man who is fixated with owning the latest piece of technology. He wants to have an expensive watch, the latest phone model or even car if he can afford it. Not because these gadgets are a good fit in his life but because he wants to show off. His ego is tied with whatever gadget he owns. If you say yes to this man, you will spend the rest of your life massaging his ego.
6. The lazy bum– These are many. Unfortunately, he is impossible to recognize at a glance. The lazy man will appear normal and he may even be charming. While he may speak of a desire for the finer things in life. This man has no ambition. Neither does he have any goals.
He is the man you find picking you up for dates in a friend’s car. He will also prefer to take you out on group dates so that other men can pick the tabs. Is the man you are eyeing in the habit of name dropping? Is Daddy financing his lifestyle? The ideal man doesn’t need to be rich but he needs to get off his ass, not wait for things to happen to him.
7. The serial bachelor – This one is probably the most attractive amongst the Nairobi single men. He is good looking and probably has a good career going for him. Problem is that he is in his thirties or even forties and still single.
There will be that temptation to swoop in and make a husband out of him but this will probably never happen. He will string you along and never commit because he thinks you are not good enough, just as he thinks of the tons of women he has met over the years.