5 things to know about new government spokesman
Colonel (Retired) Cyrus Oguna is the new government spokesman. Oguna, who takes over from Eric Kiraithe, was appointed on Tuesday by ICT Secretary Joe Mucheru.
Here are five things to know about the new government spokesman;
1. He is a University of Nairobi alumni – Oguna is an alumni of the University of Nairobi sociology department with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology, a Master of Arts from the same institution and he is currently pursuing a Masters in International Studies.
2. He was a top candidate for EACC CEO job – Oguna was among the final shortlisted candidates for the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission CEO job that Twalib Mbarak now holds. The commission received 71 applications and Oguna was among the top 13 shortlisted candidates.
3. He was the face of ‘Operation Linda Nchi’ – Oguna was the in-charge of Kenya Defense Force (KDF) Public Affairs office and Spokesman at the onset of ‘Operation Linda Nchi’ between 2011-2013. During his tenure, he was credited with providing timely updates on the KDF operations.
4. He has a Presidential award – Oguna holds the coveted Moran of the Order of the Burning Spear (MBS) that the President awards to military and security personnel for exceptional service to the nation.
5. His last job was also a spokesman – He was the Joint National and Resources Mapping Project spokesman, a position he held until his appointment as government spokesman.