Eight ways Nairobians are unwittingly repelling wealth
Nairobi is a fast city where everyone you meet is in a race trying to catch up with someone else. What you might not know is that getting to the front of this race may be as easy as changing your attitude.
Here is a look into ways that you may be holding yourself back from greatness:
1. You loan everyone – If you are one of those people who everyone comes to for soft loans because you have a little extra to spend, you are not going to get rich until you stop. You become wealthy by getting those around you to respect your money even when they can’t respect theirs.
2. You under charge – This is a common trend with Nairobi business people especially those with startups. They try to lure customers by giving their services for free or for very little. What this does is devalue them and what they have to offer. If you are offering a service, you need to assert its worth.
3. You hang out with losers – You adopt your attitudes towards money from the people that you spend most of your time with. If the people you hang around are those that believe that money is the root of all evil, then you surely are not going to become wealthy. Make a conscious effort to spend time with wealthy people.
4. You are settling – The universe treats you how you train it. If the message you are sending out to the world is that you are unworthy of money, then money will steer clear of you. Do not settle. Ditch that messy house and those friends who want you to settle for average.
5. You don’t have a plan – If you do not have a plan on how you will grow the money you are chasing, chances are that you will not get it. You need to have a plan so that you can get the zeal that you need to earn the money.
6. You are focusing on lack – Do you repeat the same old story of how broke you are every time you get an audience? This could be why you are not yet wealthy. You need to stop focusing on what you do not have and instead start paying attention on what you can get.
7. You like comparison – I know, in such a competitive city, it is easy to compare yourself to the next successful person. The problem with this is that more often than not comparison will leave you feeling bad about yourself. You can’t become wealthy until you are feeling good about yourself.