10 things to know about Johnson Sakaja
That Johnson Sakaja sits at the head of the table at TNA shouldn’t surprise anyone. Here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about the sharp, cultured and eloquent party boss
1. An award-winning debater – He won the Unicef International Children’s Debate while a pupil at Aga Khan Primary School Nairobi.
2. Hidden music talent – The nominated Member of Parliament attended Lenana School where he played the guitar in a gospel band.
3. Sakaja studied Actuarial Science at University of Nairobi where he was the vice-chair of the Actuarial Students Association and later SONU.
4. Got involved in national politics at the age of 20. He was also involved in the 2005 referendum and played a role in the re-election of President Mwai Kibaki during the 2007 general election.
5. The TNA chairman has previously worked with President Uhuru Kenyatta at the Ministry of Finance. It is during this time that his political destiny was shaped.
6. Sakaja is married and is a father of two boys aged two and three years.
7. His favorite politician in the opposition is the ODM Chairman John Mbadi. He says he likes the way Mbadi thinks.
8. Sakaja’s weakness as a politician is trust. He says he trusts easily and as a result he has been betrayed on numerous.
9. His biggest extravagances are being careless when it comes to giving people money and buying cars.
10. His biggest fear is failing as a dad. The 30 year old father of two wants to instill greatness and confidence in his kids just as father did to him.