Nairobi News

NewsWhat's Hot

19 People still unaccounted for after Riverside terror attack

Nineteen people remain unaccounted for 30 hours after the 14 Riverside Drive attack which has so far claimed 21 lives.

In an update, the Kenya Red Cross said they had received 94 cases and had managed to resolve 75 of them by 8:30pm Wednesday.

The Kenya Red Cross also said they had offered counseling services to 341 people with more people still undergoing the same, including through their toll-free line 1199.

In a Red Cross Update shared 24 hours after the attack, they noted that approximately 700 people had been evacuated.

As the injured people continue to receive treatment in various hospitals, Red Cross is urging the public to donate blood.

BLOOD DONATION

“Members of the public are encouraged to visit the nearest regional blood transfusion centres and donate blood,” Red Cross said in a statement.

The Inspector General Joseph Boinnet on Wednesday evening in his briefing gave the nationalities of the 21 who died in the attack as 6 Kenyans, one Briton, one American and three victims of African descent whose nationalities were yet to be determined.

Further, he confirmed that two people had been arrested in relation to the attack.

“They are in police custody and we have a reason to believe that they facilitated the attack. They are assisting the police with investigations,” he said during a briefing at his office late on Wednesday night.