10 things you didn’t know about new FKF President
Nick Mwendwa, 36, is officially the new President of Football Kenya Federation, a position he will occupy for the next four years.
Here are ten things you need to know about new FKF President.
1. At 36, he is married and a father of two – a boy and girl.
2. He is an IT expert based in Nairobi and owns a number of firms with lucrative tenders.
3. He is also a staunch supporter of English Premier club Manchester United.
4. He also has a passion in refereeing and does actually ref in non-competitive football matches as a pastime.
5. He owns a football club, Kariobangi Sharks which has been competing in the second tier FKF Premier League for the past four years.
6. He is known to have deep pockets and is regarded as an extremely generous person and administrator.
7. He was until recently working under former President Sam Nyamweya. He worked at FKF as the Transfer Matching System (TMS) manager for two years.
8. He also worked as a payment solutions manager at Uchumi supermarket after completing his diploma in IT.
9. He claims to have a plan to qualify the national football team for the 2022 Fifa World Cup in Qatar,
10. He lost to Robert Asembo in the race to become National Executive Committee member during the last football elections in 2011.