Zoo Kericho’s midfielder Michael Madoya was on Friday night named the 2017 SportPesa Premier League’s Most Valuable Player at a glittering gala held at a Nairobi hotel.
Madoya was also named the league’s New Player of the Year, Midfielder of the Year plus the Fair Play Player of the Year award.
Here are seven things you need to know about the player.
1. He is an attacking midfielder who has been attached to Zoo Kericho for the past five years.
2. He says the only other Kenyan team he can play for is Gor Mahia.
3. His role model is Barcelona midfielder Andreas Iniesta.
4. He is an alumnus of Litien High School and aims to earn his first cap for the Harambee Stars in 2018.
5. He is a journalist by profession, having graduated with a diploma in Mass Communication last year.
6. He is the last born in a family of five.
7. Winning the Most Valuable Player award earned him Sh1 million in prize money. Cumulatively, he pocketed Sh1.7 million for winning the four awards, making him the most successful Kenyan player in the history of these awards.