President Uhuru Kenyatta and Mombasa County Governor Hassan Joho when the head of state opened the Kongowea market. The two leaders exchanged words during a public function in Bamburi, Mombasa on Thursday. FILE PHOTOPresident Uhuru Kenyatta and Mombasa County Governor Hassan Joho when the head of state opened the Kongowea market. The two leaders exchanged words during a public function in Bamburi, Mombasa on Thursday. FILE PHOTO
By NAIROBI NEWS REPORTER

Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho on Wednesday launched a scathing attack on President Uhuru Kenyatta and his Jubilee government.

Joho, who clashed with President Kenyatta last week during his coast tour, said he owed no one an apology.

The governor, whose security detail was recently withdrawn alongside that of his Kilifi counterpart Amason Kingi, said he needed no security from the government.

REINSTATEMENT

“I am the happiest man on earth I drove myself to this venue and will drive myself home,” Joho told delegates in the opposition rally at Bomas of Kenya.

The governor who had been accused of having too many security officers said, “Jubilee can stay with their security. I don’t need it.”

During an interview on NTV moments before the start of the event, Joho said no reinstatement had been done as reported.

“I have no security, even though there is information that there are saying they have reinstated them. I confirm to you that there is nothing as such that has happened,” said Joho.