Nairobi County Health Executive Bernard Muia. PHOTO | FILENairobi County Health Executive Bernard Muia. PHOTO | FILE
By EUNICE KILONZO

Nairobi county’s top health official has confirmed the outbreak of Cholera in the capital city, with five cases confirmed by Thursday.

County Executive in charge of health Dr Bernard Muia told Nairobi News that they suspect the five patients got the disease from their kin who had traveled from Western Kenya to attend a wedding in Karen.

City Hall has already activated treatment centers across the city to deal with the outbreak. Any person with diarrhoea or vomiting should go to hospital immediately.

Nairobians can seek treatment at all county health facilities.

And as a precaution, all city residents have been advised to treat or boil their drinking water.

Dr Muia said he is not aware of any fatalities so far.