PHOTO | NATIONPHOTO | NATION
By HILARY KIMUYU

Mobile money transactions on M-Pesa will yet again be interrupted this weekend, Safaricom announced on Thursday in a paid advertisement on the local dailies.

The company said the 13-hour interruption will be as result of upgrading their system to enable their subscribers enjoy more on M-Pesa.

“Kindly note all M-Pesa services will be unavailable from Saturday, 9th September 10:00pm and will resume on Sunday, 10th September 2017 at 11:00am,” the company said in the advert.

This is the third interruption of M-Pesa services in as many months. On June 30, Safaricom’s upgrade of its money transfer platform M-Pesa resulted in an interruption of M-Pesa services for two hours.

Last week (August 27), M-Pesa services were again interrupted for four hours during another upgrade.