Nairobi County Executive Dr Benard Muia during a press briefing on July 15, 2017. PHOTO | BERNADINE MUTANU Nairobi County Executive Dr Benard Muia during a press briefing on July 15, 2017. PHOTO | BERNADINE MUTANU
By LILIAN MUTAVI

Thirty three cholera victims are hospitalised various health facilities in Nairobi, county executive Dr Benard Muia says.

In the past two months, 96 cholera cases have been confirmed in the city out the county official said.

Three fatalities have been reported so far.

On Friday, three top government officials and several staff from the Trade and the Treasury ministries were treated for cholera-related symptoms.

Related stories:

Two Cabinet Secretaries hit by cholera-like disease after KICC meal

This was after they ate food served during a trade event at KICC.

Treasury Cabinet Secretary Henry Rotich, his Trade counterpart Adan Mohammed as well as Trade Principal Secretary Chris Kiptoo were confirmed to have been affected by the contaminated food that has seen more than 50 people treated and discharged for cholera-related symptoms.

Four individuals from the KICC suspected cases are still in hospital.

Dr Muia said county official to shut down all unlicensed open cooking places.